What is Community Info?
Community Info is a framework that allows communities to instantly build FREE, feature packed websites designed to promote community spirit and get all members of the community involved and active within the community. Each community can setup their very own website to share events, participate in discussions and sell classifieds to local buyers. You can also find a business directory that lists all the businesses serving your community.
No more searching all over for local information. Community Info is your answer for grouping it all in one, easy to follow place!
How it works?
All you have to do is find your community on the home page map. If there is an existing "Ci" pin on your community, it means your community already has a Community Info website. In that case, all you have to do is click on the pin and you will be brought to your community site, where you can start talking with your neighbours. That's it! From now on, you can go directly to your community's website URL.
If your community is NOT on the map, click on the "Create Community" tab on the top of the home page map, enter your community name, city/town, and select your province/state. You will then instantly create your very own community website.
*Please note that it's important to check the map to see if your community already exists prior to creating a new community to avoid duplicates.
I've Created or Joined my Community Website...Now What?
Your new community website works best when everyone is involved so the first step would be to invite everyone you know in your community to join. You can click on the "Invite Friends" link on the top right and invite all your friends through Facebook.
The more people involved the better your site will do, so feel free to find other creative ways to spread the word around your neighbourhood. One of the best ways to spread the word the fastest is by getting your local non-profit centres involved. Community clubs, sports teams, schools, your municipality...etc. Once they are on board and active, your content will start flowing and people in your community will start to follow.
Then you will also want to start adding content to get the ball rolling and to give your neighbours something to talk about.
Examples of what you can do in Ci
- Post news, questions or concerns in the discussions and let others provide their opinions or answers with comments.
- Show off the beauty of your town by posting images in the gallery
- Let everyone in your neighbourhood know about upcoming events, and give a reason for prospective visitors to stop by your community to participate
- Sell or buy items in the classifieds, without having to drive hours to do so, or without having to sift through thousands of items before finding one near your town.
- Find the nearest hair stylist or daycare in the local business listings.
- Click here for a more detailed list of features