CommunityInfo's Great Big Summer
Posted: September 30, 2013
It's been a long exciting summer filled with tons of great community activity.
We saw the launch of Ci-Sites - the new website builder that gets businesses and community groups connected with their community websites.
We became a national story on CBC Newsworld and CBC.ca which led to hundreds of new community websites popping up across the country.
But perhaps most exciting of all, we held the CommunityInfo Great Big Users Contest.
During this 3 month long campaign businesses in communities in south-eastern Manitoba generously contributed to a prize package that ended up growing to more than $3000 in merchandise and gift certificates.
The contest ran from July 1 through September 30. And today we picked a winner!
Congratulations to Nadine H. from St. Adolphe Manitoba.
Contestants competed for entries into the draw by inviting their friends, family, and neighbours to join their community websites. They gained additional entries for posting new content on the community sites.
The Ci Team would like to thank the following businesses for their generous support and community service:
- DD Towing Ltd - Ile des Chenes
- Ile des Chenes Country Store - Ile des Chenes
- GDS Autobody - Niverville
- Cass Lynn Catering - Ile des Chenes
- Adventure Powerproducts - Ile des Chenes
- Lucky Luc’s Bar & Grill - Ste Agathe / St. Pierre Jolys
- Advanced Drywall Concepts - Niverville
- Missing Link Auto Sales - Niverville
- 49 North Wireless - St. Adolphe
- LDN Auto - Ile des Chenes
- Salon 421 - Ile des Chenes
- Aline’s Thai & Pizza - Ile des Chenes
- Garage Inc - Ile des Chenes
- The Law Office of the Mona Jodoin Corporation - Lorette
- Refuge Hair and Body - Niverville
- Van der Meer Greenhouses and Garden Centre
A similar contest running in the Interlake in Manitoba was suspended, but we hope to get it back up and running soon, and host contests like this across Canada and the U.S. as well.
We’d like to thank all of the communities, businesses and especially the participants for making this event such a huge success.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Ambassador and having the opportunity to host a Great Big Contest in your own community please contact us.
See our ads for Community Ambassador’s on your community website.